Street Vegan: Recipes and Dispatches from The Cinnamon Snail Food Truck: A Cookbook (Paperback)
Email or call for price.
Email or call for price.
Meatless meals revamped by the Cinnamon Snail, the vegan food truck with a cult following.
What's the secret behind the Cinnamon Snail's takeover of New York City streets? In all kinds of weather, vegetarians, vegans, and omnivores alike queue up for addictive vegan cuisine from truck owner Adam Sobel. Now Adam brings his food straight to your kitchen, along with stories of the challenges of working on a food truck while still finding ways to infuse food with imagination, love, and a pinch of perspective. Street Vegan brings the energy and passion of the Cinnamon Snail's creative cooking from truck to table, including:
· Breakfasts: Fresh Fig Pancakes, Fried Dandelion Greens with Lemon Garlic Potatoes, Poached Pear-Stuffed French Toast
· Beverages: Vanilla Sesame Milk, Cucumber Ginger Agua Fresca, Peppermint Hot Chocolate
· Soups and Sandwiches: Korean Kimchi Soup, Jalapeño Corn Chowdah, Brown Sugar-Bourbon Glazed Seitan, Gochujang Burger Deluxe
· Veggies and Sides: Lemon-Soy Watercress, Maple-Roasted Kabocha, Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
· Desserts and Donuts: Roasted Mandarin-Chocolate Ganache Tart, Pine Nut Friendlies, Rum Pumpkin Chiffon Pie, Vanilla Bourbon Crème Brulée Donuts, Cinnamon Snails
About the Author
ADAM SOBEL is the chef and owner of the four-time Vendy Award-winning vegan food truck the Cinnamon Snail. He has appeared on Food Network and PBS and has written about vegan food for Vegetarian Times. He teaches vegan cooking classes at the Institute for Culinary Education in New York. When he's not in the city, he and his vegan family can be found in Red Bank, New Jersey--usually practicing yoga and snuggling with their doggies.
“I've never loved waiting in line so much. You always know at the end of it there’s gonna be seitan, doughnuts, and laughs. And now we don’t even have to wait—we can make those killer sandwiches in our own homes!” —Isa Chandra Moskowitz, author of Isa Does It
“Adam’s unique, crazy, and genius take on vegan food makes both omnivores and herbivores stand up and cheer!” —Chloe Coscarelli, author of Chloe’s Vegan Italian Kitchen
“As a classically trained chef and omnivore, I’ve always known that vegan food is healthy—but the enduring question for me was whether it can be delicious. If Adam Sobel is the chef, the answer is yes. In Street Vegan, he explodes the stereotype that vegan food is one-dimensional, with recipes that are cosmopolitan, thoughtful, and helpful to anyone stuck in the same-ten-dishes rut.” —Sara Moulton, host of the public television show Sara’s Weeknight Meals